Ghulam Ur Rehman
Ghulam Ur Rehman
مفتی غلام الرحمن
|Nationality|| British India|
|Children||Ihsan Ur Rahman Usmani|
|Political party||Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (F)|
|Alma mater||University of Peshawar|
Allama Iqbal Open University
|1st Muhtamim (principal) of Jamia Usmania Peshawar|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||None (office created)|
|Institute||Jamia Usmania Peshawar|
Wifaq ul Madaris
Institute of Policy Studies
Darul Uloom Haqqania
Bank of Khyber
|Founder of||Jamia Usmania Peshawar|
Ghulam Ur Rehman (Urdu: مفتی غلام الرحمن) is a Pakistani religious scholar. He is the founder and the first principal of Jamia Usmania Peshawar, a position he has held since 1992. He has served as the Chairman of the Nifaz-i-Sharia Council (NSC) from 2002 to 2007 and chairman of Higher Education Commission Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Education and career
Ghulam Ur Rehman got his Master's degree in Islamiat and Arabic from the University of Peshawar, M.Phil Degree from Allama Iqbal Open University, and also attended some courses in Al-Azhar University. He taught at Wifaq ul Madaris and Darul Uloom Haqqania. He also served as a member of the National Academic Council of Institute of Policy Studies and as a member of Shariah Supervisory Board of the Bank of Khyber.
- ^ a b "Mufti Ghulam-ur-Rahman". Institute of Policy Studies (Pakistan). Retrieved 30 June 2020.
- ^ "Jamia Usmania Peshawar". usmaniapsh.com. Retrieved 30 June 2020.
- ^ "نفرت اور تعصب کی دین اسلام میں کوئی گنجائش نہیں: مفتی غلام الرحمن". dailypakistan.com.pk. 9 March 2020. Retrieved 30 June 2020.
- ^ Sadia Qasim Shah (3 June 2007). "MMA's Sharia council becomes non-functional". dawn.com. Retrieved 30 June 2020.
- ^ "Former Members". Institute of Policy Studies (Pakistan). Retrieved 30 June 2020.