|Captain Regent of San Marino|
|Assumed office |
1 October 2023
Serving with Filippo Tamagnini
|Preceded by||Alessandro Scarano|
|Born||14 February 1987|
Borgo Maggiore, San Marino
|Political party||Domani Motus Liberi|
|Alma mater||University of Bologna|
|Profession||Lawyer and notary|
Gaetano Troina (born 14 February 1987) is a Sammarinese politician, director of the press office of the political party Domani Motus Liberi, member of the Grand and General Council, since 1 October 2023 Captain Regent of San Marino alongside Filippo Tamagnini.
Troina was born in Borgo Maggiore. He is a lawyer and a notary, and studied law at the University of Bologna. Troina become a one among founding members the party Domani Motus Liberi on 28 April 2018. The newly founded party presents itself to the press on 26 June 2018. He participated at the 2019 San Marino general election and was elected as a member of the Grand and General Council. In September 2023 he was designated by his party as the next Captain Regent (head of government for San Marino).
Gaetano Troina on 16 December 2011 presented to the press his publication, entitled "L'evoluzione della disciplina del matrimonio e della famiglia nella Repubblica di San Marino", published by Maretti Editore.
- "Gaetano Troina". Official Website of the Grand and General Council. (in Italian)
- Eletti i nuovi Capitani Reggenti: Filippo Tamagnini II e Gaetano Troina I (in Italian)
- San Marino Rtv (27 June 2018). "Domani – Motus Liberi si presenta alla stampa". San Marino Rtv (in Italian). Archived from the original on 21 October 2020. Retrieved 12 September 2023.
- Reggenza: Domani Motus Liberi designa Gaetano Troina (in Italian)
- "San Marino. Diritto Sammarinese, presentate opere di Alvaro Selva e Gaetano Troina" (in Italian)