'Homage_to_Piranesi_V',_copper_sculpture_by_,1965-6,_National_Gallery_of_Art_(Washington,_D._C.).jpg (252 × 390 pixels, file size: 20 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Fair use in Herbert Ferber
Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because:
- This is a historically significant work that could not be conveyed in words.
- Inclusion is for information, education, and analysis only.
- Its inclusion in the article(s) adds significantly to the article(s) because it shows a major type of work produced by the artist.
- The image is a low resolution copy of the original work and would be unlikely to impact sales of prints or be usable as a desktop backdrop.
- It is not replaceable with an uncopyrighted or freely copyrighted image of comparable educational value.
|This is a two-dimensional representation of a copyrighted sculpture, statue or any other three-dimensional work of art. As such it is a derivative work of art, and per US Copyright Act of 1976, § 106(2) whoever holds copyright of the original has the exclusive right to authorize derivative works.|
Per § 107 it is believed that reproduction for criticism, comment, teaching and scholarship constitutes fair use and does not infringe copyright.
It is believed that the use of a picture
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||18:45, 21 August 2007||252 × 390 (20 KB)||Wmpearl||'Homage to Piranesi V', copper sculpture by Herbert Ferber,1965-6, National Gallery of Art (Washington, D. C.)|