'Fourth_Frond'_Chair,_cast_bronze_sculpture_by_Terence_Main_(American_born_1954),_1991,_Metropolitan_Museum_of_Art.jpg (238 × 416 pixels, file size: 14 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Fair use in Terence Main
Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because:
- This is a historically significant work that could not be conveyed in words.
- Inclusion is for information, education, and analysis only.
- Its inclusion in the article(s) adds significantly to the article(s) because it shows a major type of work produced by the artist.
- The image is a low resolution copy of the original work and would be unlikely to impact sales of prints or be usable as a desktop backdrop.
- It is not replaceable with an uncopyrighted or freely copyrighted image of comparable educational value.
|This is a two-dimensional representation of a copyrighted sculpture, statue or any other three-dimensional work of art. As such it is a derivative work of art, and per US Copyright Act of 1976, § 106(2) whoever holds copyright of the original has the exclusive right to authorize derivative works.|
Per § 107 it is believed that reproduction for criticism, comment, teaching and scholarship constitutes fair use and does not infringe copyright.
It is believed that the use of a picture
Photographer's contributions to this image are released to the public domain.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||00:08, 8 October 2017||238 × 416 (14 KB)||DatBot||Reduce size of non-free image (BOT - disable)|
|23:19, 8 October 2012||No thumbnail||317 × 555 (28 KB)||Wmpearl||''Fourth Frond Chair'', cast bronze sculpture by Terence Main, 1991, Metropolitan Museum of Art === Fair use in XXXXXXXXX === Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because: # This is a hi...|