|Type||501(c)(3) non-profit organization|
|Purpose||Promote, protect, and advance the F# programming language, and to support and facilitate the growth of a diverse and international community of F# programmers.|
|Headquarters||Nevada, United States|
|Reed Copsey, Jr.|
Vice chairperson of the board of trustees
The F# Software Foundation (FSSF) is a non-profit organization devoted to the F# programming language. It was founded at the beginning of 2013 and became a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in December 2014. The mission of the foundation is to foster development of the F# community and is responsible for various processes within the F# community, including assisting development of the core F# distribution and libraries, managing intellectual rights, and raising funds.
The current board of trustees and officers of the FSSF are listed below:
- Chairperson of the board of trustees: Ryan Coy
- Secretary of the board of trustees: Houston Haynes
- Secretary: Mathias Brandewinder
- Treasurer: Paulmichael Blasucci
- Executive director: Reed Copsey, Jr.
- Technical advisor: Don Syme
Board of trustees
- Kevin Avignon
- Phillip Carter
- Ryan Coy
- Houston Haynes
- Janne Siera
The executive director and technical advisor roles serve as ex-officio, non-voting members of the board of trustees.
- "Board Meeting Minutes". fsharp.org. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- "About the F# Software Foundation". Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- "Introducing the F# Software Foundation (InfoQ)". Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- "F# Foundation: Taking Microsoft's F# Language to a Higher Ground (eWeek)". 6 January 2013. Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- "The F# Core Engineering Group". Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- "Announcing a preview of F# 4.0 and the Visual F# Tools in VS 2015". Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- "Officers and Trustees". F# Software Foundation. Retrieved 2018-01-19.