|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Owner||Image Diffusion International|
(Sex-Shop Television Inc.)
|Sister channels||Dorcel TV Canada (French)|
|Former names||Vanessa (2010-2014)|
Vivid TV (2014-2018)
|Website||Dorcel TV (in French)|
Dorcel TV is a Canadian premium adult entertainment television channel consisting of primarily softcore adult content in the form of films, documentaries, reality shows, and variety shows, among others, between 6:00am to 11:00pm ET, while hardcore content, primarily from Dorcel TV, fills the remainder of the schedule. It is offered in English and French. The channel is owned by Sex-Shop Television Inc., a division of IDI.
In December 2007, Sex-Shop Television Inc. was granted approval by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to launch Vanessa, described as "a national French-language Category 2 pay television programming service devoted to the themes of sex appeal, sensuality, eroticism and sexuality." In March 2009, Sex-Shop Television Inc. then obtained approval to launch an English-language service of the same type and name.
A French-language version of Vanessa initially launched on October 28, 2010; Vanessa was added by Bell Satellite TV to its lineup one week later, giving the channel national distribution. An English version was expected to launch the following year; however, it did not launch as planned.
In October 2012, Sex-Shop Television was given approval from the CRTC to convert the French Vanessa into a bilingual service due to Sex-Shop Television citing difficulties launching a fully dedicated English channel, it appeared as though plans to launch an English service were scrapped. However, on March 11, 2013, Sex-Shop Television announced that an English-language channel was launching on March 13, 2013. The channel was revealed to have launched on Vidéotron.
In September 2014, Sex-Shop Television reached a licensing deal with the American adult entertainment company Vivid Entertainment, which saw Vanessa re-brand as VividTV on October 28, 2014, and gain access to its library. Half of the network's programming was to come from Vivid, with the remainder from Vanessa's existing productions.
On September 1, 2018, both the English and French versions of the channel were rebranded Dorcel TV Canada.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2007-417 CRTC 2007-12-07
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2009-123 CRTC 2009-03-06
- Canada's first and only French language adult entertainment specialty television channel - VANESSA - Will be available in your home Thursday, October 28, 2010; CNW; 2010-04-27
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-546 CRTC 2012-10-09
- Vanessa TV's Twin Sister Takes on English Market Vanessa TV press release via Market Wire 2013-03-11
- "Chaîne d'Anne-Marie Losique: VanessaTV devient VividTV". Huffington Post (in French). 29 September 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "VividTV Gets Canadian Presence". Multichannel News. 29 September 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- MARC DORCEL launches the DORCEL TV Canada channel, GlobalNewsWire.com, 08-28-18