The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (July 2022)
|BSE: 532960 |
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Dhani Loans & Services Limited |
Dhani Stocks Limited
Dhani Healthcare Limited
The company was founded by Sameer Gehlaut in 1995, as Indiabulls Ventures Limited which was later renamed Dhani Services Limited in October 2020 to accommodate the consumer business of the Indiabulls Group under one brand name. In 2017, one of its subsidiaries, Indiabulls Consumer Finance Limited launched an app-based lending platform primarily focused on the personal loans' domain. In October 2020, the subsidiary also adopted a new name as Dhani Loans & Services Limited. Another subsidiary, Indiabulls Securities Limited adopted a new name Dhani Stocks Limited in 2020 and a new company Dhani Healthcare Limited was incorporated to offer telemedicine and online pharmacy services.
- In October 2020, Dhani raised ₹1.47 billion by issuing 8.4 million shares to New York-based NWI Management.
- Again, in October 2020, the company raised ₹12 billion from General Catalyst Partners, Think Investments, Ribbit Capital, First Royalty Ventures, and the founder Sameer Gehlaut.
Dhani's super app combines an online wallet with buy now, pay later facility plus a subscription fee & primary healthcare services under OneFreedom. In Dhani OneFreedom's subscription business model, depending on how much credit limit the customer is granted irrespective of the actual limit utilization, the interest charged on it which is termed a monthly subscription exponentially rises. In its gamified ecosystem, customers use multiple products within the app to perform mobile recharge, loan repayments, and insurance payments. The platform now also offers direct investments in stocks listed on Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange of India.
In 2020, the company integrated online pharmacy with its super app. Within it Dhani Doctor, a telemedicine service including instant video consultations with in-house doctors was added.
- In mid-February 2022, many non-users reported that they have faced issues over the misuse of their permanent account number details by unknown third parties on the Dhani app to avail loans without their consent and knowledge. Complainants said their credit scores were harmed because credit reports displayed loans they never took as defaults.
- In April 2021, many non-users of the Dhani app received a text message to pay for a loan that was never taken by them. The company later apologised to its users for this tech glitch.
- In December 2020 Times of India news report, it was revealed that women doctors on various Indian online doctor consultation portals face "sexual harassment" from patients. At that time, the company "expressed inability" to issue any "formal statement".
- In 2019, Securities and Exchange Board of India impounded ₹8720,000 from the former non-executive director of the company and her husband in an insider trading case. Together, they possessed unpublished price-sensitive information that they used to trade the stocks in 2017–2019.
- Sameer Gehlaut to resign from Indiabulls Housing Finance board by March 31 CNBC TV18 Retrieved on 12 January 2022
- Gupta, Ashish; Shah, Viral (2021). India FinTech Sector:A Guide to the Galaxy (PDF). Mumbai: Credit Suisse. p. 63.
- "Indiabulls Ventures Limited is now Dhani Services Limited". EquityBulls. 6 October 2020. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- "Indiabulls Ventures' subsidiary launches mobile application 'Dhani App'". Business Standard India. 25 October 2017. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- "IFIN". ifinltd.in. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- Shethia, Himanshu; Agarwal, Sanjay (7 April 2021). "CARE Ratings: Loans and Services Limited" (PDF). IDBI Trusteeship. Retrieved 18 February 2021.
- Harsha, Sree; Patwardhan, Anil (18 December 2020). "Rating Rationale: Dhani Stocks Limited (erstwhile Indiabulls Securities Ltd)" (PDF). Brickwork Ratings. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- "Indiabulls' healthcare arm to offer Rs 90-crore of non-critical drugs in Covid aid". ETHealthworld.com. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- "Dhani Services raises Rs 147 cr by issuing shares to foreign investor". Business Standard India. 6 October 2020. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- "Dhani Services to raise Rs 1,200 crore from General Catalysts, others". The Economic Times. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- Dhani OneFreedom Card: Disguising Interest as Subscription Fee
- "Dhani Stocks launches new platform". Business Line. 2 February 2022. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- R Kavitha, R. Rajeswari (20 August 2021). "QM wallet Chain: Blockchain Traceability using Working Vacation Queueing Model in Mobile Wallet". Turkish Online Journal of Qualitative Inquiry. 12 (8): 2876–2889. ISSN 1309-6591.
- "The pandemic has accelerated the adoption of digital healthcare services: Nikhil Chari, Dhani Healthcare". The Financial Express. 25 August 2021. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- "10 Best Personal Loan Apps in India (February 2022)". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- Singh, Ritu (15 February 2022). "PAN misuse? Indiabulls' Dhani app disbursed loans 'without consent', claim users". cnbctv18.com. Retrieved 3 March 2022.
- Bureau, BL Mumbai (16 February 2022). "Complaints of fraudsters using PAN of other people to obtain loans from Dhani app hit social media". Business Line. Retrieved 3 March 2022.
- Unnikrishnan, Dinesh (17 February 2022). "Explainer| How Dhani fake loan episode exposes big holes in digital lending". Moneycontrol. Retrieved 10 May 2022.
- "Way to go 'Dhani': A utility application asking non-users of the app to repay loan which they never took". Free Press Journal. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- Khan, Sami (7 April 2021). "Indiabulls Dhani spamming people with payment reminders. Problem: Non-users getting them too". ibtimes.co.in. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- Nagarajan, Rema (29 December 2020). "Women docs sexually harassed during e-consultations, websites try to hide it | India News". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 February 2022.
- Gautam, Shweta; Sharma, Arya (2020–2021). "Insider Trading: A Reality of Indian Security Market". Jus Corpus Law Journal. 1: 466 – via HeinOnline-Wikipedia Library.
- "Indiabulls insider trading: Sebi impounds Rs 87.2 lakh from ex-director, spouse". The Financial Express. 25 May 2019. Retrieved 4 March 2022.
- Fazli, Sarim (2021). "Behavioral Finance & Insider Trading in Securities Market". Jus Corpus Law Journal. 2: 327 – via HeinOnline-Wikipedia Library.