|Founded||November 17, 1999|
|Headquarters||14F, Yebisu Garden Place Tower, 4-20-3 Ebisu, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-6021, Japan|
|Services||Video on demand service, online shopping, e-books, online games, rental service, news, online English education service, 3D printing, mobile telephony, robots, PC software, solar panel services|
|JP¥3.48 billion (2014)|
Number of employees
DMM.com LLC (合同会社DMM.com) is a Japan-based electronic commerce and Internet company with a diversified group of businesses that includes online shopping, eikaiwa, and video on demand service. The company manages DMM.com, an online entertainment site that allows users to purchase goods and services like e-books, games, mainstream DVD releases, and 3D printing. As of December 2021, DMM.com had over 35 million registered users.
DMM.com's core business areas include online shopping, rental service and video on demand service. Rental services cover products from CD/DVD to clothes and house wares. Another key business of the company, video on demand service, offers a selection of anime, movies, drama and other online streaming options. Other services provided include solar panel services, charity auctions, online games, online English education service, and 3D printing. Its subsidiary company DMM.com Securities provides forex service to individual investors.
- Keishi Kameyama founded Digital Media Mart Co., Ltd. on 17 November
- Relocation of headquarter from Shibuya to Ebisu
- Launched of corporate website – “DMM” with provision of online shopping and video on demand service
- Renamed the website as “DMM.com” and launched DVD rental service in April
- Established the site “DMM.com” for video on demand service, online games and e-books on 4 July
- Extended the products for rental service to CD and comic
- The company further grew over 1 million members in June
- Released DMM.TV service in July
- Debuted monthly subscription video streaming service for AKB48 LIVE!! ON DEMAND in February
- Acquired SVC Securities (Predecessor of DMM.com Securities) and entered the forex industry in March
- Established DMMFX in July
- DMM.TV for Blu-ray Disc service in August
- Further extended the products for rental service to fashion and varieties of goods
- Launched DMM point auction service on 3 August
- Started DMM coupon service on 1 December
- Renamed Digital Media Mart Co., Ltd. as DMM.com Co., Ltd. on 1 February
- Launched online game service for feature phone in November
- Launched B2B solar panel business in February which also enable the construction of solar power station
- Launched online game service for smartphones and PCs in April
- Ended DMM.TV for Blu-ray Disc service on 28 September
- Established online English education service in May
- Launched the printing centre in Japan and started 3D printing service in July
- Launched VR video streaming service in November, a service which allows user to watch video with 360 degrees panorama
- Established DMM mobile, the MVNO service in December
- Started DMM.make ROBOTS service in January
- Launched DMM.make cloud sourcing service in February
- DMM Games entered a partnership with Gaijin Entertainment to assist in the localisation, development and production of War Thunder
- Launched DMM Pictures, a label for producing anime.
- Became owner of Belgian First Division A club Sint-Truiden.
- Launched the DMM Dream Club, a Hitokuchi Banushi group where members can invest and own a stock of a race horse.
- Loves Only You, one of the horses owned by DMM Dream Club, wins the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf and Hong Kong Cup of that year before retiring to stud.
- Kantai Collection
- Kanpani Girls
- Touken Ranbu
- Flower Knight Girl
- Millennium War Aigis
- Princess Wars
- Jewel Princess
- Kamihime Project
- Shiro Project:RE
- Bungo and Alchemist
- Soukou Musume
- School Servants!
- Girls Symphony
- Airi's Mistyria!
- Gemini Seed
- Tokyo Necro
- Kabaneri of the Iron Castle
- Namu Amida Butsu! Rendai Utena
- Fruits Fulcute!
- Alice Closet
- Ayakashi Rumble!
- Getariki Z
- Djibril – The Devil Angel
- Astel Machina of Hoshisai
- Mist Train Girls
- Tenkei Paradox
- Monster Musume TD
- Legend Clover
- Otogi Frontier
- Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation
- "異形の急成長企業DMM、多角化とトップの実像". The Nikkei. June 27, 2014. Archived from the original on February 23, 2015. Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- "Company". DMM.com Labo. Archived from the original on May 2, 2015. Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- "DMM、2022年よりウェブ縦読みマンガ事業に参入 企画制作スタジオを設立し、オリジナルコンテンツを配信". 3 December 2021.
- "Milestones". DMM.com. Archived from the original on May 7, 2015. Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- Inc, Aetas. "「War Thunder」，開発者メールインタビューをお届け。DMM GAMESでの日本サービス開始から5年で何が変わったのか". www.4gamer.net (in Japanese). Retrieved 2021-10-14.
|last=has generic name (help)
- Pineda, Rafael Antonio (March 10, 2017). "DMM Establishes DMM Pictures Label to Enter Anime Industry". Anime News Network. Retrieved April 1, 2023.
- "Japanse webshop DMM.com neemt STVV voor 100 procent over" [Japanese webshop DMM.com acquires STVV for 100 percent over]. sporza.be (in Dutch). Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "DMMが競馬業界に参入 1万円からの一口馬主「DMMバヌーシー」". ITmedia ビジネスオンライン (in Japanese). Retrieved 2023-03-30.
- Loves Only You makes history for Japan in Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf, 2021-11-06, retrieved 2023-03-30
- "Loves Only You, Glory Vase triumph in 2021 HKIR". Horse Racing in Japan. 2021-12-14. Retrieved 2023-03-30.
- Cayanan, Joanna (April 1, 2023). "DMM Establishes Animation Production Company CUE". Anime News Network. Retrieved April 1, 2023.