Number of employees
Cymax Group Technologies Ltd. formally known as Cymax Group Inc. , is a privately held eCommerce technology and logistics services platform for furniture vendors and retailers headquartered in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada. Cymax Group has two products: Channel Gate, the AI powered multichannel platform, and Freight Club, the all-in-one shipping platform.
Cymax Group leverages the best of technology, automation, and AI to simplify the complexities of eCommerce for furniture manufacturers and retailers. The company has two marketplace websites, Cymax Business and Home Square, which sell furniture and home decor to consumers while offering its vendor partners additional revenue opportunities.
Cymax Group is a proud remote-first workplace with expert teams based in the US and Canada.
Cymax Group was founded in 2004 by Arash Fasihi as an online retailer. Since then, the company has evolved and now partners with furniture vendors and retailers to tackle some of the industry’s biggest challenges, offering prescriptive recommendations grounded in award winning technology.
A Series A funding round in 2015, led by Frind Holdings, Salman Partners and BDC Capital Corporation, brought the organization's total funding amount to $25 million.
The same year, the company launched Freight Club in the US with 100+ carriers offering nationwide drop shipping services at enterprise rates. Freight Club offers application programming interfaces that integrate with core systems. In 2020, Freight Club launched a cart-level, real-time shipping quote integration on the Shopify app store.
In 2018, the company launched Channel Gate, the leading AI-powered multichannel platform for furniture manufacturers. Channel Gate allows furniture vendors to Manage multichannel sales seamlessly across major marketplaces in the US and Canada including Amazon, Walmart, and eBay.
In 2020, in response to unprecedented demand for online shopping due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Cymax Group helped members and clients with tools needed to accelerate eCommerce strategies.
In 2022, Cymax Group was recognized alongside Canada's highest potential tech companies and named part of Team True North. The recognition highlights high-performing tech firms tracking to $1 billion in revenue.
Additionally, Freight Club received recognition as part of the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ awards program for its rapid revenue growth, entrepreneurial spirit, and bold innovation.
Cymax Group was a finalist at the 2020 Digital Transformation Awards.
Cymax Group Technologies is recognized alongside Canada’s highest-potential tech companies and named part of Team True North.
Freight Club a winner in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Technology Fast 500™ programs.
Cymax Group a finalist in BC Tech 2023 Technology Impact Awards, Excellence in Industry Innovation.
- 2007 – Ranked 247th in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Internet Companies index 
- 2008 – Ranked 200th in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Internet Companies index
- 2009 – Ranked 167th in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Internet Companies index
- 2010 – Ranked 168th in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Internet Companies index
- Meisner, Jeff. "Cymax Stores: The Little Online Furniture Shop That Could". E-Commerce Times. Retrieved 12 July 2017.
- "Cymax Raises $25 Million Series A to Revolutionize Furniture E-Commerce". Market Wired.
- "Freight Club launches real-time shipping and rate calculator at checkout on Shopify App Store".
- "Digital Transformation Week 2020: Advice when you need it most | IT World Canada News". 15 June 2020.
- Diversity helped Cymax Stores grow Q4 web sales by 60%
- Executing the basics helps Cymax Stores go head to head with bigger rivals
- "Cymax Stores web sales up despite the housing downturn". Digital Commerce 360. 2008-07-09. Retrieved 2017-08-17.
- The Top 500 List – Internet Retailer Magazine