Culture Convenience Club
|Karuchua Konbiniensu Kurabu Kabushikigaisha|
|Industry||Video rental shop|
|Founded||Hirakata, Osaka (1982)|
|Muneaki Masuda (CEO)|
|Revenue||JPY 189,299 million (2010)|
|JPY 12,841 million (2010)|
|JPY 9,424 million (2010)|
|Total equity||JPY 124,229 million (2010)|
|Owner||Muneaki Masuda (DBA MM Holdings KK)|
|Subsidiaries||Esquire Magazine Japan|
CCC Media House
Culture Convenience Club Company, Limited (カルチュア・コンビニエンス・クラブ株式会社, Karuchua Konbiniensu Kurabu Kabushikigaisha) is a Japanese company that operates Tsutaya (蔦屋), a chain of video rental shops and bookstores throughout Japan and Taiwan. The company is headquartered in Ebisu, Tokyo. The stock of the company was formerly listed in the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TYO: 4756), but it has since been delisted following a management buyout in 2011.
As of December 2013, the company and its franchisees operate 1,461 Tsutaya rental shops in Japan.
The T Card, the membership card of Tsutaya, works as a platform for a cross-industry loyalty program. As of May 2010, more than 35 million holders of the card earn "T Points" at FamilyMart, Book Off, Lotteria, and so forth as well as Tsutaya shops.
On 17 March 2017, the company acquired magazine publishing brand Tokuma Shoten. The deal was expected to be completed at the end of March. In September 2017, the Culture Convenience Club signed a deal with China's CITIC Press Group to create a joint cultural content distribution platform.
- ^ a b "關於". Tsutaya Bookstore Taiwan - facebook. Retrieved 2020-06-16.
- ^ "TSUTAYA BOOKS MALAYSIA SDN. BHD". ccc-my.com.
- ^ a b c "CCC Group consolidated annual results for year ending Mar 31, 2010" (PDF). May 11, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2010. Retrieved June 13, 2010.
- ^ "平成22年3月期 決算短信" (PDF). May 11, 2010. Retrieved June 13, 2010.
- ^ "会社概要". Archived from the original on June 19, 2010. Retrieved June 13, 2010.
- ^ "「ＴＳＵＴＡＹＡ」のＣＣＣがＭＢＯ 買い付け総額700億円". 3 February 2011. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- ^ "TSUTAYA". Archived from the original on September 23, 2015. Retrieved June 13, 2010.
- ^ "ＣＣＣ、Ｔ会員数３５００万人突破". Jiji Press. June 8, 2010. Retrieved June 13, 2010.
- ^ T Card official website
- ^ "Japan Video Leader Culture Convenience Club to Buy Publisher Tokuma". 17 March 2017.
- Media related to Culture Convenience Club at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Tsutaya official website