The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (August 2023)
The teddy bear is almost 8 ft (2.36 m) tall, tan in colour and it weighs 48.5 pounds (22 kg), and is intended for ages 3+.
The Costco bear has appeared in a number of television programs including:
- a commercial for Bringing Up Bates
- Jimmy Kimmel Live - January 5, 2017
- The Big Bang Theory - Season 9, Episode 20 "The Big Bear Precipitation"
- fans of the Hershey Bears tossed a Costco bear over the glass during the annual teddy bear toss
- The Seattle Children's Hospital and then-Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson appeared in a commercial for the 93-inch plush bear
- Abrahamson, Rachel Paula (20 September 2016). "Twitter Is Losing It Over This Baby and Her Gigantic Costco Teddy Bear". Us Magazine. American Media Entertainment Group. Retrieved 24 April 2019.
- Lynch, Alison (26 October 2015). "You can buy 8ft tall teddy bears and no one can handle it". Metro. Associated Newspapers Limited. Retrieved 24 April 2019.
- Fowle, Kyle (7 April 2016). "The Big Bang Theory finally shifts its focus away from Sheldon and Amy". A.V. Club. Onion. Retrieved 24 April 2019.
- "Group effort needed to heave giant in teddy bear toss". NHL.com. National Hockey League. 5 December 2016. Retrieved 24 April 2019.
- Thorson, Britt (24 August 2014). "93-inch plush bears are coming to a Costco near you". Seattle Refined. Sinclair Broadcast Group. Retrieved 24 April 2019.