|Official name||Қазақстан Республикасының Конституция күні|
|Significance||The anniversary of the signing of the Kazakhstani constitution on August 30, 1995.|
|Celebrations||Parades, Fireworks, Rallies|
|Next time||30 August 2024|
Constitution Day of Kazakhstan (Kazakh: Қазақстан Республикасының Конституция күні) is the main national holiday in the Republic of Kazakhstan. Constitution Day is celebrated annually August 30. It commemorates the adoption of the Kazakhstani Constitution in 1995. Constitution Day is one of the most important holidays in Kazakhstan.
There are traditionally mass festivities, concerts, parades and fireworks on this day. The Supreme Court of Kazakhstan also conducts seminars in high schools around the country. In 2011, Kazakhstani pop stars such as Nagima Yeskaliyeva, Zhanna Orynbassarova, as well as songs from The Beatles, and Almaty Symphony Orchestra.
The celebrations in 2009 in honor of the 14th anniversary of the Constitution of Kazakhstan were marked the first time that there was a military procession of the armed forces in Astana, the presiding officers of which were Adilbek Zhaksybekov and Major General Nurlan Dzhulamanov in their positions as Minister of Defense and Vice Minister of Defense respectively. Musical accompaniment for the parade were provided musicians of the Central Military Band of the Ministry of Defense of Kazakhstan, led by Colonel Alexander Belyakov. The ceremonial crews of the Ground Forces, the Air Defense Forces and the Naval Forces, as well as units of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the National Security Committee, the Ministry of Emergency Situations and the Republican Guard passed through Kazakh Eli Square. In 2010, a parade was held again for the 15th anniversary of the Constitution of Kazakhstan, during which females took part in the parade for the first time. At the time, Kazakhstan was the only country to hold military parade on its Constitution Day. This tradition was honored for three years, until 2012, when it was abandoned.
- Expat, Ersatz (2013-08-27). "Ersatz Expat: Celebrating Constitution Day in Astana". Ersatz Expat. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- "The Supreme Court conducts seminars in high schools. The atmosphere is full of festivity and lot of special performances and events are organized by the citizens to celebrate this day. After all, it is the constitution, which brings about changes and protects the interest of the common mass of a country".
- "Kazakhstan demonstrated its military power at The Constitution Day Parade". m.tengrinews.kz. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- "Almaty residents to watch Astana parade on Constitution Day". m.tengrinews.kz. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- "SHIELD OF THE STATE 09 JULY 2017". e-history.kz.
- "Astana held first-ever Constitution Day parade". inform.kz (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- "Constitution Day parade kicks off in Astana". kazinform.kz (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- "В Астане состоялся первый Парад войск, посвященный празднованию Дня Конституции". Zakon.kz (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-09-20.
- "Первый военный парад по случаю Дня Конституции прошел в столице Казахстана". diapazon.kz (in Russian). Retrieved 2021-02-19.
- "President and Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces Nursultan Nazarbayev Takes Part in the Troops' Parade Devoted to the 15th Anniversary of the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan at the Central Square of Astana near the Kazakh Yeli Monument — Official site of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan". akorda.kz. Retrieved 2017-09-01.
- "Kazakhstan, the only country, to hold military parade on Constitution Day". inform.kz (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- "Конституция Казахстана отмечает свой юбилей". mk-kz.kz (in Russian). Retrieved 2021-02-19.