|Created by||Imtisal Abbasi (IAL Saatchi & Saatchi)|
|Opening theme||Pak Pak Pakistan|
|Country of origin||Pakistan|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||14|
|Executive producers||Tahir Malik |
|Producer||IAL Saatchi & Saatchi|
|Running time||15–20 minutes|
|Original network||Various channels|
|Original release||27 January 2005 –|
Commander Safeguard is Pakistan's first animated superhero Series produced by the Pakistani advertising agency IAL Saatchi & Saatchi and animated by Post Amazers. The character is popular in Pakistan and in Mexico, where it is known as Capitan Escudo. The superhero is depicted as a representation of Safeguard (soap) who fights and defeats the germs who are led by a character called "Dirtoo"(Leader Of Germs). The cartoon was originally broadcast Pakistan's National Language in Urdu. It is one of the most popular children's animated television series in Pakistan.
The television series
Commander Safeguard's Mission: Clean Sweep, commonly known as Commander Safeguard, is the first Pakistani "3D Animated Series". It is sponsored by Procter & Gamble Pakistan, The show was produced and animated by Post Amazers to promote hand washing habits among children. The animated series was created to augment the educational material on health and hygiene.
Episodes and seasons
To date, 12 episodes (excluding two independence day special episodes) varying in length from 15 to 20 minutes have been aired on many Pakistani TV channels. Episode 7, Commander Safeguard's Mission: Double Trouble was the longest episode ever which was 24 mins long, and divided into 2 parts. This episode marked Germander's debut appearance.
It is one of the most popular local TV shows for children in Pakistan. Episode 12, known as Commander Safeguard's Mission: Back To School, has the same name as 2010 10th Episode. Episode 12 is the shortest among all the episodes with only 13 minutes.
In July 2016, a short movie called 'Commander Safeguard's Mission: Clean Sweep: Jungle Main Mungle', was broadcast. It was the first short movie to be produced by Second Sense instead of Post Amazers. It ran for 15 minutes and featured Dirtoo trying to sicken children by adding germs to the food of children who did not wash their hands with soap. However Commander Safeguard defeated him.
|Shafiq-ur-Rehman||Commander Safeguard & Dirtoo|
|Ameer Ali||Moti Behs|
|Uzma Zaidi||Kachra Rani|
|Talat Hussain||School Teacher|
|Aziz Jindani||School Teacher|
|Ameer Ali||Doctor Uncle|
|Isnain Khan||Ali & Daniyal|
|Ameer Ali||Kulsoom (Dirty)|
|Mateen Mahmood||Dr. Zibago|
In 2005, it was adopted in the Philippines as Captain Hugas and broadcasts in English-Filipino bilingualism.
In 2007, it was adopted in Mexico as Capitan Escudo.
On April 18, 2012, it was adopted in Africa (mostly Kenya) as the Africa's Local Super Hero - Commander Safeguard.
- Ahmed khalilullah, Vfx director, idea representer, managing director – Morocco
- Aziz Jindani, Brand Manager, Global franchise Procter & Gamble, United States
- Salman Butt, Brand Manager, Safeguard, Procter & Gamble, Pakistan
- Mubashara Khalid, Brand Manager, Safeguard, Procter & Gamble, Pakistan
- Ahmed Rizvi, Assistant Brand Manager, Safeguard, Procter & Gamble, Pakistan
- Saad Munawar Khan, Assistant Brand Manager, Safeguard, Procter & Gamble, Pakistan
- Tahir Malik, Director Marketing, Procter & Gamble Pakistan
- Imtisal Abbasi, Creative Director, IAL Saatchi & Saatchi
- ^ Pakistani animated character takes Mexico by storm, Business Recorder, retrieved 2008-04-21
- ^ Images Staff (8 July 2016). "Pakistan finds its Commander Safeguard in Tiger Shroff". Images. Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- ^ "Animatedly yours - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 22 July 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2018.
- ^ "Animatedly yours". Express Tribune. 22 July 2012. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- ^ "'Paak Saaf Pakistan' initiative launched: Safe drinking water and sanitation are the priority areas: Alvi". www.thenews.com.pk. Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- Official site
- Commander Safeguard's YouTube channel