This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2013)
Come As You Are is a sex-positive sex shop located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was founded in 1997 by Cory Silverberg as a worker-owner cooperative in the model of the United States-based Good Vibrations. Come As You Are has an educational and community-based mandate, aiming to provide a fully accessible store and a safe and comfortable environment where people can access sex information and products. The sex-shop is praised for its work making sex toys more accessible for disabled people.
The website claims the co-op has "a fundamentally anti-capitalist and feminist approach to sexual pleasure, health, and education". Come As You Are has consistently been voted as one of Toronto's best sex shops by the readers of Now Toronto.
The co-op also provides education outreach workshops to local community groups and universities. In 2013, Come As You Are won The Co-operators' National Co-op Challenge with a proposal to bring their educational outreach to communities across Canada.
- "Your Local Neighbourhood Sex Shop Co-Operative: Come As You Are". Sex Life Canada. Archived from the original on 2013-12-10. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- From sex shops to coaching, services can help people with disabilities explore sensuality - The Globe and Mail
- "Come As You Are Co-operative: Canada's award-winning co-op sex shop". Come As You Are. Retrieved 2022-12-31.
- Bednar, Olivia (2019-02-01). "The best sex and kink shops in Toronto". NOW Magazine. Retrieved 2022-12-31.
- Grainger, Lia. "Workshops at Come As You Are with Susie Bright". Metro. Toronto: Metronews.ca. Archived from the original on 2013-12-12. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- "Two Ontario co-ops win $25,000 in The National Co-op Challenge" (Press release). The Co-operators. 2013-10-28. Archived from the original on 2013-12-11. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- Official Website
- Sexy Contours Site Archived 2020-05-30 at the Wayback Machine
- Sex Dolls & Love Dolls