Chard (1964) Ltd, operating as Chard Coin and Bullion Dealer, is a long-standing coin and bullion dealer based in Blackpool, UK. Its coins range from ancient to modern-day issues. Originally a numismatic company, it grew into the bullion market, offering gold, silver, platinum and palladium products to an international customer base.
Chard (1964) Ltd operates as Chard Coin and Bullion Dealer. Established in the resort town of Blackpool in 1964 by Lawrence Chard, the company at first traded shillings and other coins from Chard's grandmother's amusement arcade, but over the years Chard amassed a vast collection of world coins, coin sets, bars, medallions, stamp replicas, and other currency and collectibles. Chard's provides freely available numismatic, bullion and investment advice to coin collectors and investors in person or via its websites.
Chard sells its items, including physical bullion, in its Blackpool showroom and on its website. Chard specialises in British gold sovereigns and has over 5,000 dated and graded sovereigns in its collection. In addition to precious metals, Chard also deals in bullion, numismatic material and scrap gold.
Chard was awarded the UK Bullion Dealer of the Year award by Bullion Directory in 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015. It has also been named Numismatic Dealer of the Year and eCommerce Dealer of the Year multiple times.
- Jones, Rupert; Brignall, Miles (1 April 2017). "Will the new 12-sided £1 ever be worth a mint? Here's how to coin it in". The Guardian.
- "Interview: Lawrence Chard, Head of Historic Chard Ltd in Blackpool, U.K. - Coin Update". News.coinupdate.com. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- "Golden anniversary for Blackpool bullion company". Lancashire Business View. 8 January 2015.
- "How and where to buy gold bullion coins and bars". Moneyweek.com. 19 May 2014.
- Temple, Peter (21 September 2011). "15 questions to ask before investing in precious metals". moneywise.co.uk.
- Jones, Harvey (8 August 2016). "Gold can be a big deal for small investors, but nothing is certain". The Guardian.
- "Cash for Gold: tips & best sites to sell scrap gold - MSE". Moneysavingexpert.com.
- "Chard of Blackpool are voted 2017 UK BULLION DEALER OF THE YEAR! ⋆ Business Lancashire". Archived from the original on 2018-11-19. Retrieved 2018-05-03.
- The Guardian "Gold can be a big deal for small investors, but nothing is certain" Retrieved 02.11.2022
- Daily Mirror "Lucky puppy digs up treasure trove of £6,000 gold coins on his first ever walk in park" Retrieved 02.11.2022
- Blackpool Gazette "Blackpool bullion firm retains award" Retrieved 19.03.2018
- Blackpool Gazette "Bullion dealers celebrate their 50 golden years" Retrieved 15.12.2014
- Coin Update "Interview: Lawrence Chard, Head of Historic Chard Ltd in Blackpool, U.K." Retrieved 20.01.2017
- Lancashire Business View "Golden Anniversary For Blackpool Bullion Company"
- Moneyweek "How and where to buy gold coins and bars" Retrieved 19.05.2014
- Business Lancashire "Chard of Blackpool are voted the 2017 UK Bullion Dealer of the Year" Retrieved 09.03.2017
- ShareRadio "Lawrence Chard on the Surge in Online Sales of Coins" Retrieved 02.11.2022