Books that are memoirs. As a literary genre, a memoir forms a subclass of autobiography – although the terms 'memoir' and 'autobiography' are today almost interchangeable. The author of a memoir may be referred to as a memoirist. Some memoirs may be less structured and less encompassing than formal autobiographical works.
- They may be about part of a life rather than the chronological telling of a life from childhood to adulthood/old age.
- Traditional memoirs dealt with public matters, rather than personal.
- Many older memoirs contain little or no information about the writer, and are almost entirely concerned with other people.
This category has the following 26 subcategories, out of 26 total.
- Diaries (9 C, 137 P)
- Memoirists (9 C, 11 P)
- Memoirs adapted for other media (1 C, 1 P)
- Danish memoirs (1 P)
- French memoirs (20 P)
- Japanese memoirs (5 P)
- Nepalese memoirs (6 P)
- Polish memoirs (7 P)
- Russian memoirs (12 P)
- Works based on memoirs (1 C, 1 P)
- Memoir stubs (1 C, 195 P)
Pages in category "Memoirs"
The following 74 pages are in this category, out of 74 total. This list may not reflect recent changes.