Blush & Blu
Blush & Blu is a lesbian bar located on East Colfax Avenue in Denver, Colorado. It is the city's last lesbian bar, down from a peak of seven, and one of approximately twenty remaining in the United States.
Blush & Blu is owned by Jody Bouffard who previously owned tHERe Coffee Bar and Lounge from 2005 to 2011 and Her Bar from 2008 to 2011. Bouffard also worked at a bar called The Elle. In 2012, she reacquired tHERe Coffee Bar and Lounge's space, which she reopened as Blush. It gained its current name in 2013 following an expansion, which also included Voodoo Doughnut's first Colorado location.
Bouffard is also an artists, and her work decorates the bar's space.
In 2021 a lawsuit was filed against Blush and Blu by three former employees who allege owner Jody Bouffard routinely failed to pay them minimum wage, stole tips during shifts and discriminated against one of the establishment’s only Black employees, among other issues alleged in the suit. 
- ^ "Blush & Blu". Westword. Retrieved 2021-10-18.
- ^ a b Bye, Gabrielle (2021-05-18). "Blush & Blu Is One of the Last Lesbian Bars Left in the Country". Retrieved 2021-10-18.
- ^ Ricciardi, Tiney (2021-06-24). "Denver is home to one of just 21 lesbian bars in the U.S.; here's why it matters". Archived from the original on 2021-07-05. Retrieved 2021-10-18.
- ^ "21 lesbian bars remain in America. Owners share why they must be protected". 2021-06-10. Retrieved 2021-10-18.
- ^ Austin, Nic (2021-09-28). "How Denver's Blush & Blu Survives as a Last Remaining Lesbian Bar". Retrieved 2021-10-18.
- ^ "Denver's only lesbian bar is being sued for racial discrimination, unfair pay". 16 November 2021.