Belle Grove (Port Conway, Virginia)
|Location||Port Conway, Virginia|
|Area||380 acres (150 ha)|
|NRHP reference No.||73002029|
|Added to NRHP||April 11, 1973|
|Designated VLR||September 19, 1972|
James Madison, the fourth President of the United States, was born on March 16, 1751, at Belle Grove plantation in an earlier house which no longer stands. Belle Grove plantation was also the childhood home of his mother, Eleanor Rose "Nellie" Conway. Her father Francis Conway was the namesake for Port Conway.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- "Virginia Landmarks Register". Virginia Department of Historic Resources. Archived from the original on 2013-09-21. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- Waymarking historical marker
- James Madison data
- "1939 WPA Guide". Archived from the original on 2016-08-29. Retrieved 2008-06-28.
- official website
- Belle Grove, Rappahannock River, King George County, VA: 3 photos and 2 data pages at Historic American Buildings Survey