|Founded||30 October 1989|
|Headquarters||Lahore-54660, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Zafar Masud (CEO)|
|Products||Credit cards, consumer banking, corporate banking, finance and insurance, investment banking, mortgage loans, private banking, private equity, wealth management|
|Revenue||Rs. 41.335 billion (US$140 million) (2022)|
|Rs. 18.508 billion (US$64 million) (2022)|
|Rs. 10.834 billion (US$38 million) (2022)|
|Total assets||Rs. 1.481 trillion (US$5.1 billion) (2022)|
|Total equity||Rs. 67.375 billion (US$230 million) (2022)|
Number of employees
The Bank of Punjab (بینک آف پنجاب) is a Pakistani bank which is based in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. It serves Pakistan and functions as an International Bank and is one of the prominent financial institutions of the country holding AA ratings from Pakistan Credit Rating Agency (PACRA).
The Bank of Punjab was founded by Tajammal Hussain and it functions as a Scheduled Commercial Bank, with a network of over 587 branches in Major Business centres throughout the country. It is the seventh largest Commercial Bank of the Country. It provides a wide range of banking services including deposit in Local Currency; client deposit in foreign currency; Remittances; and advances to Business, Trade, Industry and Agriculture. First Punjab Modaraba (FPM), a wholly owned subsidiary of the bank, was established in 1992, and is being managed by Punjab Modaraba Services (Pvt) Ltd.
Currently, the Bank of Punjab is headed by Zafar Masud who joined as President and CEO on April 16, 2020, after being appointed by the Government of Punjab, Pakistan earlier and later being approved by the State Bank of Pakistan.
Partnerships and Acquisitions
Lahore Qalandars Partnership (January, 2022)
1Link Partnership (March, 2019)
The Bank of Punjab Partnered with 1Link - PSO/PSP, payment and switch system in Pakistan – to digitize Punjab Employees’ Social Security Institution (PESSI) to allow employees to collect, disperse or share payments across the county, using digital channels.
Punjab Safe Cities Authority (October, 2018)
The Bank of Punjab Partnered with Punjab Safe Cities Authority in October 2018 to power E-Challan Collection through automated monitoring system installed across Lahore. The service will allow Punjab Government subsidiaries such as Traffic Police to Collect Challan right at the spot with ease.
Karandaaz Pakistan (January 2015)
The Bank of Punjab signed a memo (MoU) with Karandaaz Pakistan – an Investment Platform for Businesses – to allow Government to Digitize their payments. The deal will facilitate citizens of Pakistan to conduct digital transactions, enabled by Karandaaz tech, and grow a suite of digital financial services to support both Government and Citizens.
- "Bank of Punjab Annual Report 2022" (PDF). bop.com.pk. Retrieved 22 November 2023.
- "The Bank of Punjab – Business Recorder". Retrieved 31 December 2020.
- "Bank of Punjab posts significant growth in earnings". The Express Tribune. 27 October 2018.
- MarketScreener (20 February 2020). "First Punjab Modaraba : Board of directors meeting of First Punjab Modaraba | MarketScreener". www.marketscreener.com. Retrieved 31 December 2020.
- "Zafar Masud appointed Bank of Punjab President". Pakistan Today. 16 April 2020. Retrieved 24 May 2020.
- Ahmed, Ali (18 December 2020). "Bank of Punjab becomes Market Maker for Debt Securities on Pakistan bourse". Brecorder. Retrieved 31 December 2020.
- "Bank of Punjab becomes Market Maker for debt securities on PSX". The Nation. 20 December 2020. Retrieved 31 December 2020.
- Staff, ProPK (18 December 2020). "Bank of Punjab Becomes Market Maker for Debt Securities on PSX". Retrieved 31 December 2020.
- "Bank of Punjab Becomes Market Maker for Debt Securities on PSX". Daily Times. 20 December 2020. Retrieved 31 December 2020.
- https://dailytimes.com.pk/886016/the-bank-of-punjab-launches-lahore-qalandars-co-branded-affinity-debit-card/amp/ Daily Times 15-February-2022, Retrieved 03-March-2023
- "Press Release – March 27, 2019" (PDF). bop.com.pk. Retrieved 7 July 2023.
- "Press Release – October 2018" (PDF). bop.com.pk. Retrieved 7 July 2023.
- "Press Release – October 2016" (PDF). bop.com.pk. Retrieved 7 July 2023.
- Bank of Punjab website
- The Nation, August 28, 2006: The Bank of Punjab
- Daily Times, November 11, 2003: Bank of Punjab introduces e-banking
- The Bank of Punjab Annual Report 2013
- Daily Times, September 07, 2022: Unfounded complaints against the Bank of Punjab and its staff
- Asia Money, Pakistan: Bank of Punjab makes a national splash
- HBL, BoP, Bank Islami, U Bank ranked highest in agriculture credit performance FY22
- BOP half-year net profit down
- BOP partners with MC Lahore to construct highest flag posts
- BoP supports Mazdoor Card initiative