Bangladesh Mathematical Society
The Bangladesh Mathematical Society (Bengali: বাংলাদেশ গণিত সমিতি) is a learned society of mathematicians in Bangladesh.
The Bangladesh Mathematical Society was established in 1972. In 1974, the society started organising annual national mathematical conferences. It also publishes the GANIT: Journal of Bangladesh Mathematical Society. In the 1980s they voluntarily worked with National Curriculum and Textbook Board to re-write the mathematics textbook in Bangladesh. S. M. Azizul Haque, the head of mathematics department of Dhaka University, was the first president of the society.
List of Former Presidents
- Professor Sajeda Banu (2016-2017)
- Professor Dr. Nurul Alam Khan (2020-2021)
- Professor Dr. Md. Shahidul Islam (2022-2023)
- ^ "11th nat'l undergrad math olympiad concludes". New Age. Retrieved 13 October 2020.
- ^ "Three-day math conference at Dhaka University concludes". New Age. Retrieved 13 October 2020.
- ^ Chowdhury, Masud Hasan. "Bangladesh Mathematical Society". Banglapedia. Retrieved 13 October 2020.
- ^ "About BMS". Bangladesh Mathematical Society. Retrieved 13 October 2020.