Bangladesh Botanical Society
|Website||Bangladesh Botanical Society|
Bangladesh Botanical Society is a national non-profit organisation that supports botanical research in Bangladesh. It provides scholarships to botany students in Bangladesh. It is located in the Department of Botany, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Bangladesh Botanical Society was established in 1972. It started publishing the Bangladesh Journal of Botany in 1972 biannually. The society is funded by the Ministry of Science and Technology. The first president of the society was A. M. Eunus of the University of Rajshahi. The first secretary general of the society was M. A. Hannan of the Atomic Energy Centre, Dhaka. The first editor of Bangladesh Journal of Botany was Ahmad Shamsul Islam of the University of Dhaka. In 1986 the society started the publication Udvid Barta which was a Bengali language botany journal. In February 2017, Bangladesh Botanical Society and the Biology Faculty of Chittagong University held the first Botanical Olympiad in Bangladesh at the Chittagong University. Another Botanical Olympiad was held at Chittagong University in October 2017.
- ^ a b Hadiuzzaman, Syed. "Bangladesh Botanical Society". Banglapedia. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- ^ "Bangladesh Botanical Society". bdbotsociety.org. Archived from the original on 27 August 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- ^ "First ever Bangladesh Botany Olympiad held at CU". The Asian Age. Archived from the original on 22 November 2017. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- ^ "'Bangladesh Botany Olympiad' held at RU". Daily Sun. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- Research institutes in Bangladesh
- 1972 establishments in Bangladesh
- Organisations based in Dhaka
- Botanical societies
- Flora of Bangladesh
- Learned societies of Bangladesh
- Scientific organizations established in 1972
- Charities based in Bangladesh
- Scientific organisations based in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh organisation stubs