بہاول پور ڈویژن
|• Type||Divisional Administration|
|• Regional Police Officer||N/A|
|• Total||45,588 km2 (17,602 sq mi)|
|• Density||250/km2 (650/sq mi)|
Bahawalpur Division (بہاول پور ڈویژن) is an administrative division of the Punjab Province, Pakistan. The reforms of 2000 abolished the third tier of government but division system was restored again in 2008.
It contains the following districts:
According to the 2017 census, Bahawalpur division has a population of 11,452,594, which includes 5,851,909 males and 5,599,461 females. Bahawalpur division constitutes 11,210,997 Muslims, 188,252 Hindus, 39,401 Christians, 4,703 Ahmadis followed by 5,523 scheduled castes and 3,718 others.
|Religion||Population (1941): 42||Percentage (1941)|
- ^ "DISTRICT WISE CENSUS RESULTS CENSUS 2017" (PDF). www.pbscensus.gov.pk. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-08-29.
- ^ "Division and district-wise facilities" (PDF). health.punjab.gov.pk. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-04-16.
- ^ "Punjab Government Plans to Carve a New District from Lahore". Archived from the original on 2010-06-03.
- ^ "Bahawalpur Division | Local Government and Community Development". lgcd.punjab.gov.pk. Retrieved 2022-07-07.
- ^ "CENSUS OF INDIA, 1941 VOLUME VI PUNJAB PROVINCE". Retrieved 19 August 2022.
- ^ 1941 figures are for the princely state, as the contemporary division borders roughly mirror the historic colonial-era state borders.
- ^ 1941 census: Including Ad-Dharmis
- ^ Including Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Judaism, or not stated