|Founded||14 December 2016|
|Headquarters||1A, Sarva Palli, The Mall Avenue, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|National affiliation||NDA (2016 – present)|
|ECI Status||State Party|
2 / 543
0 / 245
|Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly|
13 / 403
|Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council|
1 / 100
Apna Dal (Sonelal) or Apna Dal (Soneylal) is an Indian political party active in the Uttar Pradesh. The party finds its support base mainly in the Kurmi community in the region of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
The Apna Dal (Sonelal) is a breakaway party of Apna Dal which was founded in 1995 by Dr. Sone Lal Patel, Apna Dal (Sonelal) founded by Jawahar Lal Patel who was also founding member of Apna Dal and had the backing of Anupriya Patel.
After winning the election to parliament seat from Mirzapur, Anupriya Patel resigned her state assembly seat and therefore a by-election from Rohaniya became necessary. Anupriya wanted that her husband, Ashish Singh Patel, should be made the party candidate for the by-election.
However, the Apna Dal's governing body, headed by her mother Krishna Singh, decided that Krishna Singh should herself be the candidate. This was intended to limit the influence of Anupriya and her husband in party affairs, where they were taking charge of all matters without any invitation or authorization, which was resented by Krishna Singh and her younger daughter. In the by-election which was held in October 2014, Anupriya not only failed to campaign for her mother, but allegedly also worked actively to ensure her defeat.
However, the Apna Dal's governing body, headed by her mother Krishna Patel, decided that Krishna Patel should herself be the candidate and Anupriya and six of her associates were expelled from the party. The dispute between Krishna Patel and Anupriya Patel over the party is still in court.
Assembly election (2017)
As part of the National Democratic Alliance, Apna Dal (Sonelal) contested Uttar Pradesh elections with the Bhartiya Janata Party and won 9 seats with 851,336 votes. Jamuna Prasad won the Soraon constituency with 77,814 votes. Apna Dal (Sonelal) had won more seats than Indian National Congress which won only 7 seats. 
Assembly election (2022)
As part of the National Democratic Alliance, Apna Dal (Sonelal) contested Uttar Pradesh elections with the Bhartiya Janata Party and won 12 seats with 1,493,181 votes. Apna Dal (Sonelal) had won more seats than Indian National Congress which won only 2 seats. Apna Dal reached 3rd spot after Bharatiya Janata Party and Samajwadi Party in terms of number of seats in UP assembly. 
Lok Sabha election
- Recognition of Apna Dal[dead link]
- "List of Political Parties & Symbol MAIN Notification". Election Commission of India. 23 September 2021.
- Apna Dal (S) registered, has the backing of Anupriya Patel
- BJP's ally Apna Dal (S) too faces workers' wrath in Kashi
- Uttar Pradesh: Sparring Apna Dal ‘splits’
- Apna Dal(S) announces 1st list of 5 candidates for UP polls
- Like in SP, it was mom vs daughter in UP’s Apna Dal
- As Anupriya Patel Becomes Minister, UP Ally Apna Dal Says Goodbye To BJP
- At Apna Dal rally in PM Modi’s constituency, Amit Shah chief guest
- AD(S), BJP `resolve' seat sharing dispute
- BJP and Apna Dal will contest polls together, says Anupriya Patel
- AD(S), BJP ‘resolve’ seat sharing dispute
- Upset with BJP, AD(S) to field its candidates
- Apna Dal assembly poll 2022 result
- "Lok Sabha Profile". Govt of India. 2009. Archived from the original on 1 February 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2019.