|10th Prime Minister of Azerbaijan|
|Assumed office |
8 October 2019
|Preceded by||Novruz Mammadov|
|Born||30 November 1956|
Baku, Azerbaijan SSR, Soviet Union
(now Baku, Azerbaijan)
Ali Hidayat oghlu Asadov (Azerbaijani: Əli Hidayət oğlu Əsədov; born 30 November 1956) is an Azerbaijani politician serving as the Prime Minister of Azerbaijan following his appointment to the post on 8 October 2019 by president Ilham Aliyev.
Ali Asadov was born on 30 November 1956 in Baku. In 1974 he graduated from secondary school No.134 in Baku, and entered the Plekhanov Russian University of Economics in Moscow, from which he graduated in 1978. He served in the Soviet Army from 1978 to 1980.
In 1980, he began working as a chief laboratory assistant at the Institute of Economics of the Academy of Sciences of the Azerbaijan SSR. Asadov continued his education at the Institute of Economics of the USSR Academy of Sciences in Moscow between 1981 and 1984, where he got his post-graduate diploma in Economics.
In 1989-1995, Ali Asadov worked as an associate Professor and head of the Department at the Baku Institute of Social Management and Political Science.
On 17 April 1998, he was appointed assistant of the Azerbaijani President for economic affairs. According to the decree of the President Ilham Aliyev dated 30 November 2012, Asadov was appointed as the deputy head of the Presidential Administration and in 2017 an assistant of the President of Azerbaijan for economic affairs. Asadov has been considered a close ally of President Aliyev. In October 2019, following Novruz Mammadov's resignation, he was elected Prime Minister by a vote of 105 to 0.
- Order “For Service to the Motherland” of the second degree (2012)
- Order “For Service to the Motherland” of first degree (2016)
- "Azerbaijan PM resigns, president replaces him with loyalist". www.aljazeera.com.
- Kucera, Joshua. "Azerbaijan replaces prime minister". Eurasianet. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- "Azərbaycan Respublikasının Baş Naziri Əli Hidayət oğlu Əsədov". cabmin.gov.az (in Azerbaijani). Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Retrieved 30 August 2020.
- "Prime Minister of Azerbaijan Ali Asadov". Website of the Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "About the MPs elected on the !st Parliamentary Elections in 1995". Website of the Parliament of Azerbaijan. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Order of the President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev on the appointing Ali Asadov as the Deputy-Head of the Presidential Administration". Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Azerbaijan's Parliament Approves Asadov As PM Hours After Predecessor's Surprise Resignation". Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty. 8 October 2019. Retrieved 17 October 2019.
- "Ə.H.Əsədovun Azərbaycan Respublikası Prezidentinin iqtisadi məsələlər üzrə köməkçisi - şöbə müdiri təyin edilməsi haqqında". Ministry of Justice of Azerbaijan - electronic database of regulatory legal acts. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Azərbaycan Respublikasında dövlət qulluqçularının təltif edilməsi haqqında Azərbaycan Respublikası Prezidentinin Sərəncamı". Website of the President of Azerbaijan. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Ə.H.Əsədovun 1-ci dərəcəli "Vətənə xidmətə görə" ordeni ilə təltif edilməsi haqqında Azərbaycan Respublikası Prezidentinin Sərəncamı". Website of the President of Azerbaijan. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ali Asadov.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to Ali Asadov.|