|Parent||FAW Group |
Al-Haj FAW Motors Limited (Urdu: الحاج فا موٹرز) is a Pakistani automobile manufacturer based in Karachi, Pakistan since 2013. It is a subsidiary of Chinese assembler and manufacturer of FAW Group. The company assembles passenger and commercial vehicles at its assembly plant in Karachi.
Al-Haj FAW Motors Limited was incorporated as a private limited company in October 2006.
Al-Haj FAW Motors is the sole distributor & progressive manufacturer / assembler of FAW heavy commercial vehicles, light commercial vehicles & passenger cars in Pakistan.
First CBU (Complete Built-Up) product-line of HVs was launched in 2006 which included different heavy commercial vehicles like dump trucks, rigid trucks & prime movers.
The local production CKD (Complete Knocked-Down) of FAW Heavy Commercial Vehicles started in December 2011.
Light Vehicles, Mini Van & Pickup (CBU) were introduced in March 2012 and regular (CKD) production of minivans (XPV) and pick-up trucks (Carrier) was started in September 2012.
In August 2017, Al-Haj FAW Motors launched Pakistan’s first locally assembled Chinese passenger car, the FAW V2.
Operations in Pakistan
FAW used to manufacture a wide range of vehicles to cater to all transportation needs, including passenger cars. The Al-Haj group had introduced FAW's heavy-duty trucks as completely built-up units (CBUs) initially. The response from transporters was positive, so the range of trucks was expanded to meet the needs of all cargo segments, including medium and light-duty commercial vehicles.
In 2017, JS Bank Limited collaborated with Al-Haj FAW Motors Private Limited to provide business loans to customers of light commercial vehicles through the Prime Minister Youth Business Loan (PMYBL) scheme.
- FAW Carrier (Light Truck)
- FAW Tiger V (Medium Truck)
- FAW Super Plus J5M (Heavy Truck)
- FAW Tornado J5P (Heavy Truck)
- About Al Haj FAW motors
- Zaheer, Farhan (13 August 2017). "Pakistan starts assembling chinese passenger car". Express Tribune. Retrieved 19 June 2018.
- Staff Report (12 August 2017). "Al haj Faw to launch locally assembled V2". Pakistan Today. Retrieved 19 June 2018.
- correspondent (11 November 2012). "Al haj FAW motors inaugurates automobile assembly line". Express Tribune. Retrieved 19 June 2018.
- Rana, Parvaiz Ishfaq (2014-12-22). "A business journey from tribal territory to port city". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 2023-03-13.
- News Desk (2018-07-16). "Financial giant JS Bank partners with Al-Haj FAW motors". Global Village Space. Retrieved 2023-03-13.
- "FAW V2 Car Price & Specifications - al Haj Faw motors Pakistan".
- "FAW X-PV Price & Specifications - al Haj Faw motors Pakistan".
- "FAW Carrier Price & Specifications - al Haj Faw motors Pakistan".
- "FAW Tiger Truck - al Haj Faw motors Pakistan".
- "FAW J5M-220 HP 6x2 Prime Mover Super Plus - al Haj Faw motors Pakistan".
- "- al Haj Faw motors Pakistan".