جامعة الأقصى - غـزة
|President||Dr. Kamal Shrafi|
Al-Aqsa University (Arabic: جامعة الأقصى) is a Palestinian university established in 1955 in the Gaza Strip, Palestine. Established in 1955 as the first higher education institution, Al-Aqsa University is the oldest governmental higher education institution. It caters for some 26,000 students and has some 1400 employees, 300 of whom are lecturers and professors.
- Faculty of Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Art and Human sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Media
- Faculty of Management and Financing
- Faculty of Sports
- Faculty of Information Technology
The 8 faculties offer bachelor's degrees with postgraduate studies on a joint program, established in 1994, between Al-Aqsa University and Ain Shams University, Egypt. The program is on hold now, but there are master's degree programs in a number of faculties in the university.
- Position Paper on al-Aqsa University Crisis in the Gaza Strip, September 27, 2016