Ahsan Habib Khan
|Election Commissioner of Bangladesh|
|Assumed office |
26 February 2022
|Prime Minister||Sheikh Hasina|
|Years of service||1980-2013|
|Rank|| Brigadier General|
|Unit||Corps of Signals|
Ahsan Habib Khan is a Bangladeshi retired Bangladesh Army Brigadier General and one of the four incumbent Election Commissioners of Bangladesh. After retiring from the army, he served as vice-chairman of the Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC).
Khan retired from Bangladesh Army in 2013 with the rank of Brigadier General. During his military career, he served as the Director General of the Spectrum Division of the Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission.
From 2014 to 2017, Khan was the Vice-Chairperson of Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission. During his tenure the Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission cracked down on usage of illegally imported cell phones.
He also served as Director General (DG) of bangladesh National Cadet Corp (BNCC) from 02 jan 2005 to 30 sep 2007.
- "Kazi Habibul Awal, a law professor and former secretary, is the new chief of Election Commission". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 26 February 2022.
- "BTRC hands over licence to Robi | Independent". m.theindependentbd.com. Retrieved 2022-02-27.
- "BTRC gets new vice-chairman". banglanews24.com (in Bengali). 2014-08-27. Retrieved 2022-02-27.
- Staff Correspondent (2022-02-27). "Kazi Awal at the EC helm". The Daily Star. Retrieved 2022-02-27.
- "BTRC cracks down on illegally imported mobile phone sets". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2022-02-27.
- Bhattacharjee, Partha Pratim (2022-02-13). "What is up Tariqat's sleeve this time?". The Daily Star. Retrieved 2022-02-27.
- "President forms EC with ex-senior secretary Habibul Awal as CEC". RTV Online. Retrieved 2022-02-27.