Ahmed Ali Lahori
Ahmed Ali Lahori
|Died||23 February 1962|
|Occupation||Islamic scholar, Quran interpreter|
|Part of a series on|
|Ideology and influences|
|Founders and key figures|
|Centres (markaz) of Tablighi Jamaat|
Early life and career
Ahmed Ali Lahori was a student of Obaidullah Sindhi. He studied Islamic studies and graduated in 1927. Ahmed Ali Lahori was employed as a lecturer at his teacher's institute and also married his teacher's daughter. He also helped him in organizing new groups. However, Obaidullah Sindhi died in 1944 before the 1947 partition of India. So Maulana Shabbir Ahmad Usmani led a group of Deobandi scholars including Ahmed Ali Lahori to support the demand for Pakistan movement and Muhammad Ali Jinnah. Therefore, this whole group came over to newly created Pakistan in 1947 and settled here.
Death and survivors
Ahmed Ali Lahori died in Lahore on 23 February 1962 and was buried in Miani Saheb Graveyard. His son Obaidullah Anwar was an Islamic scholar.
- Conversion Chart showing Islamic Calendar years converted to AD years on sites.google.com website, retrieved 2 May 2017
- Profile of Ahmed Ali Lahori on google.com website, retrieved 2 May 2017
- Syed Talha Shah. "Remembering Maulana Sayyid Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi". Retrieved 25 April 2020.
- Darul-Uloom in the Fight for Freedom of India from British colonial rule, retrieved 2 May 2017
- Read Maulana Ahmed Ali Lahori's Translation of Quran-e-Aziz ONLINE(currently shown is translation in English. If desired, choose URDU from Translation on the Right-Top of the Opened Window)
- Read Muslims in India since 1947: Islamic Perspectives on Inter-Faith Relations for a detailed account of the Role of True Freedom Fighters in the Indian Subcontinent
- https://islamicbookslibrary.wordpress.com/2014/05/22/maulana-ahmad-ali-lahori-r-a-ke-hairat-angaiz-waqiat-by-shaykh-hakim-ali/ A book on the amazing events in the life of Ahmed Ali Lahori