|7th Prime Minister of Mozambique|
|Assumed office |
3 March 2022
|Preceded by||Carlos Agostinho do Rosário|
|Born||6 November 1949|
Matola, Portuguese East Africa
|Alma mater||Eduardo Mondlane University, University of London|
Early life and education
Between 1991 and 2006 Maleiane served as the governor of the Mozambican central bank, the Bank of Mozambique. He served as chairman and CEO of the Banco Nacional de Investimento (BNI), Mozambique's state-owned development bank, between 2011 and January 2015.
Since 19 January 2015, Maleiane has been serving as the Minister of Economy and Finance in President Filipe Nyusi's cabinet. on 2 March, 2022, Maleiane was dismissed from his position by Nyusi. He was then appointed Prime Minister on 3 March 2022.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF), ex officio member of the Board of Governors
- Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors
- Bowker, Tom (11 February 2015). "Mozambique Names New Development Bank CEO to Replace Maleiane". Bloomberg News.
- "Mozambican Adriano Maleiane named Africa's "The Banker Finance Minister of the Year 2016"". Club of Mozambique. 6 January 2016.
- Manuel Mucari (January 17, 2020), Mozambique's do Rosário stays on as prime minister in trimmed cabinet Reuters.
- Reuters (3 March 2022). "Mozambique president fires prime minister". Reuters. Retrieved 3 March 2022.
- FurtherAfrica (4 March 2022). "Adriano Maleiane is the new prime minister of Mozambique". FurtherAfrica. Retrieved 4 March 2022.
- Board of Governors International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- Board of Governors Islamic Development Bank (IsDB).