Abdul Akbar Chitrali
Moulana Abdul Akbar Chitrali
|Member of the National Assembly of Pakistan|
|Assumed office |
13 August 2018
18 November 2002 – 15 November 2007
|Political party||Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan|
Moulana Abdul Akbar Chitrali is a Pakistani politician who has been a member of the National Assembly of Pakistan, since August 2018.
He was elected to the National Assembly as a candidate of MMA (a coalition of Jumat-e-Islami and Jamiat-e-Ulema F) from Constituency NA-1 (Chitral) in 2018 Pakistani general election. He received 48,616 votes and defeated Abdul Latif, a candidate of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI). Earlier to this, He has also served Chitral District of KP as MNA in Gen (R) Musharraf led government back in 2002.
On May 17, 2021, Chitrali appeared to call for the use of nuclear weapons against Israel and, potentially, India, asking: 'when will this atomic power be useful? Will we use these missiles as toys? To show our kids? Or will we keep these missiles and this atom bomb in some museum, so that we will able to say [in the future] that at a certain era we had managed to acquire nuclear power?"
|MMA||Abdul Akbar Chitrali||48,616||29.58|
|PML(N)||Shahzada Iftikhar Uddin||21,016||12.79|
|Others||Others (seven candidates)||18,177||11.06|
- "MMA wins NA-1, PA-1 contests". The Nation. 28 July 2018. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- "NA-1 Result – Election Results 2018 – Chitral – NA-1 Candidates – NA-1 Constituency Details – thenews.com.pk". www.thenews.com.pk. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- "National Assembly Member Moulana Abdul Akbar Chitrali Calls On Pakistani Government To Declare Jihad Against Israel: What Do We Have Missiles And Atom Bombs For?". MEMRI. Retrieved 2021-05-24.
- "Pakistani politician praises Hitler for killing Jews". www.thejc.com. Archived from the original on 2021-05-24. Retrieved 2021-05-24.
- "ECP – Election Commission of Pakistan". www.ecp.gov.pk. Retrieved 8 August 2018.