Aab-e-Gum railway station
(Redirected from Aab-e-gum railway station)
آب گم اسٹیشن
|Coordinates||29°48′14″N 67°24′11″E / 29.8039°N 67.4031°ECoordinates: 29°48′14″N 67°24′11″E / 29.8039°N 67.4031°E|
|Owned by||Ministry of Railways|
|Line(s)||Rohri-Chaman Railway Line|
Aab-e-Gum Railway Station (Urdu: آب گم ریلوے اسٹیشن, Balochi: آب گم ریلوے اسٹیشن, also spelled Ab-i-Gum) is located in the town of Aab-e-gum, Kachhi District of Balochistan province, Pakistan. It is located 50 kilometers (31 mi) southeast of Quetta near Chilton mountain on the Rohri-Chaman Railway Line.
Aab-e-gum (Urdu: آب گم) is a Persian word meaning 'vanished water', a name given to a nearby underground spring.
The following trains stop at Aab-e-Gum station:
|Preceding station||Pakistan Railways||Following station|
towards Lahore Junction
towards Karachi City
towards Peshawar Cantonment
Only the Jaffar Express has a stop at the Aab-e-Gum Railway Station.
- 17 November 2015, the Jaffar Express derailed at Aab-e-Gum, killing 20 and injuring 96 people.
- ^ Ahmed, Vaqar (2012-10-09). "Pakistan Railways: End of a journey?". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 2022-02-28.
- ^ "Aab e Gum Railway Station Train Time Information 2022". www.pakinformation.com. Retrieved 2022-02-28.
- ^ Report, Recorder (2021-12-02). "Restored Bolan Mail departs from City Station". Brecorder. Retrieved 2022-02-28.
- ^ "Aab e Gum Railway Station Train Time Information". Pakistani Railway Time Table. 15 April 2021. Retrieved 9 July 2021.
- ^ "Six dead, 21 injured in Jaffar Express train blasts". Dispatch News Desk. 2016-10-07. Retrieved 2022-02-28.
- ^ "Timeline of major train accidents in Pakistan in the past five years". www.geo.tv. Retrieved 2022-02-28.
- ^ "Here are major train accidents in Pakistan since 1953". www.thenews.com.pk. Retrieved 2022-02-28.