This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Developer(s)||Artem Izmaylov and Mike Green|
|Initial release||August 8, 2006|
|Stable release||Windows: 5.11, build 2432 (June 9, 2023) |
Android: 4.00, build 1343 (July 9, 2023)
|Operating system||Windows XP or later, Android|
AIMP is a freeware audio player for Windows and Android, originally developed by Russian developer Artem Izmaylov (Russian: Артём Измайлов, tr. Artyom Izmajlov). It supports a variety of audio codecs, and includes tools to convert audio files and edit their metadata, as well as the capability of installing user-made skins and plugins.
The first version of AIMP was released on August 8, 2006 and is named after its creator, Artem Izmaylov Media Player. AIMP was initially based on the BASS audio library. Version 3 added a new audio engine and full support for ReplayGain, and revamped the music library interface transparency effects.
The player supports audio codecs, including MP3, AAC, Dolby AC-3, Ogg Vorbis, Opus, Speex, Windows Media Audio, Apple Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Audio CDs, APE, True Audio; DTS audio, MP1, MP2, Musepack, OptimFROG, WavPack, MIDI, Impulse Tracker, MO3, MOD, MultiTracker Module, S3M, Tom's lossless Audio Kompressor (TAK), and FastTracker 2 Extended Module.
It supports the DirectSound, ASIO and WASAPI audio interfaces, and it uses 32-bit audio processing for its 18-band equalizer and built-in sound effects (Reverb, Flanger, Chorus, Pitch, Tempo, Echo, Speed, Bass, Enhancer, Voice Remover).
AIMP can store the currently played media file in RAM, up to 250 MB, ensuring smooth playback.
AIMP is also able to cache up to 60 seconds of internet radio streams into RAM. One drawback of this function is that channel switching is slowed as the buffer is first filled up to at least 25% before the playback starts (i.e. with 60 seconds of cache selected, the music will take up to 15 seconds to start playing).
- LastFM scrobbler
- Bookmark and playback queue creation
- Multiple playlists, one per tab
- CUE sheet support
- Internet radio stream capturing
- Cloud support
- Native sound effects and 20-band equalizer
- Multi-user mode support
- Multi-language interface
- Configurable local and global hotkeys
- Playlist and tag editor
- Searchable audio library with customizable track grouping
- CD grabber with Audio Encoder
- Alarm clock / Auto shutdown / Scheduler
- Support for plug-ins and skins
- Rating, auto-marks and listening statistics
- Advanced Tag Editor for editing file metadata
- On September 6, 2007, Softpedia editor Ionut Ilascu gave AIMP Classic 2.02 Beta a rating of 4 out of 5 stars.
- On November 6, 2009, CNET editors also gave AIMP2 a 4 out of 5 star rating.
- In 2023, TechRadar ranked AIMP as the 2nd best one of the best free music players of 2023.
As of 2013 the developers of AIMP warn on their official website that there is an ongoing scam by the unknown fraudsters behind the website aimp2.us, which has no connection whatsoever to the AIMP development team, and call upon its users not to donate any money to this fake site. AIMP is a freeware program and as such brought to the users free of charge.
- Izmaylov, Artem (13 July 2011). "Одна история" [One story]. www.aimp.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2023-07-15.
8го августа 2011 года проекту AIMP исполнится 5 лет. [On August 8th, 2011 the AIMP project will be 5 years old.]
- Latest AIMP for Windows changelog
- Latest AIMP for Android changelog
- "AIMP for Windows". Artem Izmaylov. 27 December 2017. Retrieved 18 April 2023.
- Kirn, Peter (2020-10-27). "AIMP is the MP3 player, reborn - and it'll look like a gorgeous vintage Soviet tape player, too". CDM Create Digital Music. Retrieved 2023-07-15.
AIMP is itself the creation of a Russian developer (Artem Izmaylov) [...]
- "AIMP for Windows". www.aimp.ru. 13 July 2011. Main features and Functions. Retrieved 15 July 2023.
- ".:AIMP:". AIMP.ru. Archived from the original on 19 August 2006. Retrieved 12 July 2021.
- "BASS". www.un4seen.com. Retrieved 2023-10-28.
- Ilascu, Ionut (6 September 2007). "Winamp's Future Competitor". Softpedia. Archived from the original on 5 September 2017. Retrieved 28 October 2023.
- "AIMP". Download.com. Retrieved 2023-10-28.
- Baxter, Daryl; updated, Sofia Elizabella Wyciślik-Wilson last (2022-01-04). "The best free music players in 2023: organize and enjoy your digital music collection". TechRadar. Retrieved 2023-10-28.
- Artem (2013-12-04). "aimp2.us is a fake!". Aimp.ru. Retrieved 18 April 2023.