|Born||December 20, 1889|
Farmersburg, Indiana, U.S.
|Died||September 24, 1987 (aged 97)|
Roanoke, Alabama, U.S.
|Alma mater||Union Christian College, Indiana State University, Indiana College, University of Chicago|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|Head coaching record|
Albert Ray Van Cleave (December 20, 1889 – September 24, 1987) was an American football coach, professor, and college administrator. He was the head football coach at Elon University in Elon, North Carolina for the 1926 season, compiling a record of 0–10.
Van Cleave was an alumnus of Union Christian College, Indiana State University, Indiana College, and the University of Chicago. He was also Professor of Philosophy at Elon during his time there. In 1943, he received an honorary degree from Elon. At the time he was President of Piedmont College in Georgia. He resigned in 1952.
Head coaching record
|Elon Fightin' Christians (Independent) (1926)|
- DeLassus, David. "Elon Phoenix 1926 season results". College Football Data Warehouse. Archived from the original on December 11, 2013. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- "Football - Year by Year Results" (PDF). Elon Phoenix. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- "Phi Psi Cli [electronic resource]". 1913.
- "Elon Alumni News, April 1943-April 1952". Elon College Alumni Association. 1943.
- "Georgia College Dean Quits Post in Row over 'Restricted Money' | News | the Harvard Crimson".
- "Magazine of Elon, December 1985-Spring 1991". Mocavo.
- "Albert R. Vancleave: Death Record from the Social Security Death Index (SSDI) - GenealogyBank".