A. K. M. Shahidul Haque
এ কে এম শহীদুল হক
|26th Inspector General of Bangladesh Police|
31 December 2014 – 30 January 2018
|Prime Minister||Sheikh Hasina|
|Preceded by||Hassan Mahmood Khandker|
|Succeeded by||Mohammad Javed Patwary|
|31st Police Commissioner of Dhaka Metropolitan Police|
18 March 2009 – 14 October 2010
|Appointed by||Minister of Home Affairs|
|Preceded by||Naeem Ahmed|
|Succeeded by||Benazir Ahmed|
|Unit||Dhaka Metropolitan Police|
|Service years||1986 - 2018|
Haque was born in Narkalikata, Naria, Shariatpur District to a Bengali Muslim family. He joined Bangladesh Police in 1986 as an assistant superintendent. He held other positions, which include Police Commissioner, Dhaka Metropolitan Police, DIG Chittagong Range, DIG Rajshahi Range, DIG (Finance and Development), Police Headquarters, SP Sirajganj, Chittagong, Moulvibazar and Chandpur. Before promoted to IGP, he was Additional IGP (Administration and Operations) at the status of Secretary of Bangladesh Police.
Haque served in three UN peace keeping missions, in Cambodia, Angola and Sudan, and was awarded the UN Peace Medal for his performance.
Haque is the author of different books like - 1. Police and Community with Concept of Community Policing, 2. Community Policing Ki Ebong Keno 3. Somaje Police Ebong Community Policing 4. Bangladesh Police Sarrgrontho 5. Community Policing: Concept, Aims and Objectives and 6. Bangladesh Police Hand Book etc.
- "Those who led Bangladesh Police". UNB. Retrieved 2018-11-10.
- "Minute-by-minute: Mir Quasem buried in Manikganj". Dhaka Tribune. 3 September 2016. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "Bangladesh announces reward for information on masterminds of Dhaka attacks". India Today. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "PBI". pbi.gov.bd. Retrieved 2018-11-10.
- "Bangladesh Police". www.police.gov.bd. Retrieved 2018-11-10.
- "Shahidul: New IGP will face three major challenges". Dhaka Tribune. 2018-01-26. Retrieved 2019-05-23.
- "Bangladesh Police". www.police.gov.bd. Archived from the original on 1 October 2016. Retrieved 26 September 2016.