2 Bad Mice
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2009)
2 Bad Mice
|Years active||1991–1995, 2010–present|
|Past members||Rob Playford|
Formed in 1991, 2 Bad Mice are an English breakbeat hardcore group, composed of Sean O'Keeffe, Simon Colebrooke, and Paul Rhodes. Rob Playford was originally the third member and the owner of the Moving Shadow record label. In the 1990s, the group had two singles that charted in the UK.
O'Keefe and Colebrooke first experimented with music in 1990, using equipment and spare time at Playford's home studio. The trio formed 2 Bad Mice in 1991. Their first chart success was "Hold It Down" which reached number 48 in February 1992. Playford's involvement in the group slowed down as his studio and record label took off. When 2 Bad Mice were offered a "mainstream" record deal with Arista/BMG, Terry Donovan, the A&R rep, told them they needed someone who could look and play the part. Rhodes, who'd previously done a remix of Bombscare, stepped in as an official member.
A new label was created in 1996 called Moshed (MOving Shadow HousE Dept). It was set up with the help of Terry Donavan (A&R at Arista Records, who went on to co-found Rockstar Games). This label, released new mixes of "Bombscare" by Tall Paul, DJ Sneak, and Graham Gold, along with the original and Parliament Squares versions.
The members of 2 Bad Mice are also members of Kaotic Chemistry.
2 Bad Mice are credited as among the first UK hardcore acts to begin incorporating breakbeats into their style. They were part of the early to mid-1990s hardcore scene, and were instrumental in the music's steady mutation into jungle/drum and bass.
- "2 Bad Mice Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved 21 June 2020.
- Roberts, David. Guinness Book of British Hit Singles & Albums. Guinness World Records Ltd 17th edition (2004), p. 569 ISBN 0-85112-199-3
- Lea, Tom (13 June 2013). "From Smash Hits to Timeless: on the couch with UK rave heroes 2 Bad Mice". Fact Magazine. Archived from the original on 7 July 2013.
- "Blood! Stolen tour buses! The mafia! 2 Bad Mice tell us their wildest Rave Tales". Fact Magazine. 21 June 2013. Archived from the original on 24 February 2015. Retrieved 22 February 2022.
- "People - RHODESY". 2 Bad Mice – The OFFICIAL Horn Blowing Website. Archived from the original on 23 December 2010. Retrieved 22 February 2022.
- "2 Bad Mice, Kaotic Chemistry - 2 Bad Mice, Kaotic Chemistry". discogs. Retrieved 26 June 2020.
- "2 Bad Mice - Bombscare". discogs. Retrieved 26 June 2020.
- "The Jackal (1997)". IMDb.com. Retrieved 21 June 2020.
- "The 10 best rave tracks, according to 2 Bad Mice". DummyMag.com. Retrieved 21 June 2020.