1 Cabot Square
|1 Cabot Square|
|Location||Cabot Square, Canary Wharf, London, England|
|Roof||89 m (292 ft)|
|Floor area||50,166 m2 (539,980 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Pei Cobb Freed & Partners|
History of Project
Original plans called for a skyscraper on this site for Credit Suisse First Boston, however the slump at the end of the 1980s saw these plans scaled back.
It is 89 metres tall (292 feet), with a floorspace of 50,166 square metres (164,587 square feet).
The building has large, open plates on the floor, that range in size from 64,500 square foot to 24,000 square foot in the executive offices.
It is internally connected to the west, to 20 Columbus Courtyard, which is also connected to a full-height internal link to the north, 17 Columbus Courtyard.
The building is the second largest building located at Canary Wharf, behind the Canary Wharf Tower. The Credit Suisse building has 18 stories with an additional two stories of plant at the top. The building also has a two-story arcade that is located at the base of the building.
In early 2012 it was purchased by Qatar's sovereign wealth fund Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) Subsequently, QIA considered selling it multiple times before eventually selling to KB Securities of South Korea.
- "1 Cabot Square". SkyscraperPage.
- "CS Canary Wharf Office: Twists and Turns". finews.asia. 28 June 2016. Retrieved 4 December 2020.
- "Modern Docklands: Gazetteer of modern non-housing developments | British History Online". www.british-history.ac.uk. Retrieved 5 June 2021.
- "One Cabot Square, London | 110696 | EMPORIS". www.emporis.com. Retrieved 4 December 2020.
- "Qatar sov fund to buy Credit Suisse London HQ-sources". Reuters. 29 January 2012. Retrieved 4 December 2020.
- "Credit Suisse's Canary Wharf HQ sold to Qatar Investment Authority". The Telegraph. Retrieved 4 December 2020.
- "£460m One Cabot sale agreed 2.5 years on". www.egi.co.uk. Retrieved 4 December 2020.
- "QIA puts £450m Cabot Square on the block". Estates Gazette. Retrieved 4 December 2020.