1973 Armidale state by-election
A by-election was held for the New South Wales Legislative Assembly electorate of Armidale on 17 February 1973 because of the resignation of Davis Hughes (Country) who had accepted the position of Agent-General in London.
|17 January 1973||Davis Hughes resigned.|
|19 January 1973||Writ of election issued by the Speaker of the Legislative Assembly.|
|26 January 1973||Nominations|
|17 February 1973||Polling day|
|16 March 1973||Return of writ|
|Total formal votes||18,528||98.7||+0.3|
|Country hold||Swing||-10.0 [a]|
- ^ compared to the two-candidate-preferred vote at the 1971 Armidale election.
- ^ a b "Sir Davis Hughes (1910–2003)". Former members of the Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- ^ "Writ of election: Armidale". New South Wales Government Gazette. No. 10. 19 January 1973. p. 145. Retrieved 30 July 2020 – via Trove.
- ^ Green, Antony. "1973 Armidale by-election". New South Wales Election Results 1856-2007. Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 30 July 2020.
- ^ Green, Antony. "1971 Armidale". New South Wales Election Results 1856-2007. Parliament of New South Wales. Retrieved 4 May 2020.