|President||Imad Abu Kishek|
The relationship between Brandeis University and Al-Quds ended in 2013 following a demonstration at Al-Quds and a widely criticized response from the Al-Quds University administration.[non-primary source needed]
In February 2009, Bard College announced the first dual degree program between a Palestinian university and an American institution of higher education. The college entered into a collaboration with Al-Quds University, which included founding an honors college, a masters program in teaching and a model high school.
Israeli West Bank barrier
The Israeli West Bank barrier built in 2004 have impeded university operations. Students have been injured and many of the students studying at the university have faced tear gas and some students have been shot.[failed verification]
Academy for Global Justice
In 2018, Al-Quds University launched the Al-Quds Academy for Global Justice, an institute that will focus on teaching, training, and research in the areas of international criminal law and human rights. Palestinian Justice Minister Ali Abu Diak also delivered a speech at the event.
- Category:Al-Quds University alumni
- List of Palestinian universities
- Education in the Palestinian territories
- "Brandeis University suspends its partnership with Al-Quds University effective immediately". Brandeis Now. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "Brandeis Now" (PDF). Retrieved 19 November 2013.[dead link]
- Palestinian Campus Looks to East Bank (of Hudson), New York Times, February 14, 2009
- Palestinians injured during clashes with Israeli forces near al-Quds University
- "Al-Quds University launches Academy for Global Justice". Palestine News Network (PNN). 19 February 2018. Archived from the original on 23 July 2018. Retrieved 23 July 2018.